Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wow!

I received my For the Love of Solids package from Karen and it is extraordinary!  She made me a set of placemats and a matching trivet.  She was clearly stalking me and doing a fine job of it because the colors are perfect.  Here they are all together on the table:

A perfect match for my dishes.  Here’s one with a dinner plate:

They are so intricate, you need to see each one individually. 

The trivet is dual sided.  Here’s one side:

And here’s the other:

These guys have it all, don’t they?  Straight piecing, curved piecing, great quilting. 

Here’s a close-up of the quilting on the place mats.  Frankly, I don’t know how Karen managed to do all that without losing the will to live.

There’s cotton and linen on the front and linen on the back.

Honestly, I am just amazed at the beauty, intricacy, fabulous color, texture, and design.  Wow, just . . . wow.

One last shot of the placemats on my table --

So, Karen, thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

  1. They look great Terrie and go so well with your fiestaware

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are incredible. I can't really figure out how she pieced them. And the quilting is just plan FUN! They look perfect with your new floor:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She turned your table into an art gallery!

    ReplyDelete