Thursday, February 9, 2012

More on the Floor

I’ve got quilt stuff coming up as well.  Tomorrow I’ll have pictures, but today, it is all about this:

No, it’s not done.  the base boards still need to go back up.  The little table in the corner doesn’t actually go there, and the working clutter on the (ugly) mantel and (even more hideous) fireplace inset is upsetting my sense of wa (what Jeff and I call our sense of balance and harmony in the world – in other words, all the clutter is annoying).  Still . . .  sigh . . . .  Love the floors, love the area rugs.  Our new mantra: “Carpet b-a-a-a-d; rugs g-o-o-d.”

A picture of the our tiny dining room:

A view that goes down the hall:

And, see?, this really is a quilt blog: notice the miniature quilt on the wall! 

Love it, love it, love it.  Jeff and I just keep standing at vantage points and sighing.  We’re not done yet, but we’re happy as pigs in you-know-what anyway.

And now?  Well, I’ve got a quilt buddy coming over this afternoon for a sew date, but till then it’s about painting those base boards.

Sigh . .  .

5 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about b-a-a-d carpet...I grew up in a house with hardwood floors and they just can't be beat! Now, get back to those baseboards LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rooms look magnificant. I can see why you are standing in spots and admiring. I love the rugs. They add just the right amount of warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Terri. I too have hardwood and I love it. Perfect for a sewing room too. Enjoy,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Lovely! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete