Sunday, February 7, 2010

Black, White, and a Wee Bit of Red

That’s what Kimmie wanted for her swap blocks.  I love working with this color combination.  It’s so dramatic.  This first block design comes from the Kaleidoscope Collection from EQ. 

The second block some of you may recognize.  The center 6 inch square uses the Square-in-a-Square foundation from Miniatures in Minutes.  I had made up the block as a sample last summer and it has just been sitting around since.  The color combination was perfect for what Kimmie wanted.  I needed a block that would finish at 12" for Kimmie so I added the outer strips.  (Click here to go to the blog entry where I showed how to adapt the foundation from the book to make this block/quilt).

To see other blocks that have been made in this exchange, click here

One of my quilt groups is about to start a round robin.  I’ve been thinking hard about what to do for my center and what kind of theme to set up.  The red/black/white combo is certainly on the list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment